I am trying to sort out my experiences and thoughts to better understand how to move forward and not stay stuck in the past.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

A View From Outside the Pot

I was taking my daughter to work, this morning, and I made a comment about how upset my stomach always is.  She said, "Mom, why can't you just appreciate the moment?  I know we've had some difficult times with my drinking, and then when I'm sobering up, but I'm sober now, and intend to stay that way. I'm really working on it, so why can't you just appreciate this good time?"  She is so right, and I know that is the way to move forward, AND I have that internal debate with myself DAILY...'Things are good!  She's sober today.  Enjoy the moment!!!'  And for two seconds, I do, and then that little voice begins slowly and distantly, "it could change", and then the memories and fears start to follow, and pretty soon, I have an entire band playing, Doom and Gloom to a marching beat in my head, and I dance to that all day long.  I have got to find some new dance partners.

1 comment:

  1. I was so much the same way! I know precisely how you were/are? feeling. A doctor put me on an anti-depressant that didn't help. Now I use Welbutrin and it really helps with the ruminating and the worrying and the knot in the stomach feelings.

    ReplyDelete