I am trying to sort out my experiences and thoughts to better understand how to move forward and not stay stuck in the past.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Another View from Outside

Fear is a horrible thing.  I don't like to use 'thing' as a description, but that is what fear is, a horribe thing. And so powerful.  Life is good now, but still, I struggle with that fear, that it could change in the time it takes to swipe a debit card.  Is fear more powerful than Love?  I don't know. I do know that you can love someone so much, and feel proud of them and hopeful, and there is fear, again, seeping into every little crack and pin hole it can find.  How do you get rid of fear?  Fear must be the roach of the emotion world. It can appear dead, but then just get up and hide out in some other dark corner, waiting for that weak morsel to drop so that it can slither out and begin to gnaw on it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Signe - I just found your blog and I can relate. Love your title (what's a boiled frog? I don't really know but it's intriguing). You certainly have a way with words.

    I agree about fear...it creeps up on us if we let it. I have had many sleepless nights in the past year, while my son's addiction was raging. The fear was smothering me and I don't ever want to go back there again. Since first attending Families Anonymous, now I simply ask God to handle whatever crisis (when I go to bed) and THAT has helped me tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dee,
    I didn't realize there was a comment here. I am so focused on trying to figure out this enabling and addiction that I think I get tunnel vision. Thank you for the comments. A boiled frog is like this. If you put a frog in a boiling pot, it will naturally want to jump out because the water is so hot. BUT if you put a frog in a pot of cold water, and slowly heat it up, the frog eventually boils to death. I feel like a boiled frog. I am sorry to hear you are going through the same things, but at the same time am happy to have someone to talk and share with. Blessings to you. :)

    ReplyDelete