I am trying to sort out my experiences and thoughts to better understand how to move forward and not stay stuck in the past.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Maintaining

It  has been horrible here, this week.  I don't know why she is doing this, especially after the beautiful weekend we had last week.  I check on her to make sure she's breathing, try to give her healthy things to drink. She drank some chicken soup, yesterday.  Though she did say she was stopping today.  I hope so. But from past experience, if I call an ambulance, they won't take her if she doesn't want to go (it could be looked at as kidnapping). Once, I tried to 302 her, because she was saying that she wanted to die.  That was this summer. (fyi, Dante didn't include enough circles of hell-- obviously he was not a parent of a child with an addiction).  They didn't accept that, because it was alcohol realted.  (what?)  If you call the police, they just say it's not illegal to get drunk and fall asleep in your home.  And I can't kick her out.  So, there is no one but me, and though I can distance myself mentally, now, my heart literally aches seeing how sad and pathetic she looks like this.  I am relying on God. There is nothing else.  I painted my living room, though.  I think the color is called 'pure earth.'  So calming.  I have to keep make good changes forward, because running in this hampster wheel can make you crazy.

3 comments:

  1. Pure earth....I would like to see that.

    Why can't you kick her out? I mean I know its hard and all of that, but recently, as in the past 4 weeks, I had a drug counselor tell me she would strongly encourage me to STOP providing a roof over my daughters head. You are making it awfully easy for her to continue in her addiction. And God knows I have spent many months, leading into years, doing that myself for my daughter. So no judgement here. If you simply can't do it, that is ok, but know that you are probably prolonging the suffering for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette is right. But its not easy that's for sure. My heart hurts for you, your daughter and so many others today (including myself). Its frustrating to try and get her out of the house and have the police say that. I know I could not physically remove my son without help because he's big and strong. Sometimes we NEED help especially as single moms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Signe - I wish I had wisdom but I don't, I am here to listen though, and I do read all of your posts. You have such a way with words.

    Your post does remind me of something our interventionist said to me...it really stung: Our addicts (or alcoholics) have us right where they want us, because we parents make it comfortable for them to continue their lifestyle, while we are the ones uncomfortable. Why would they change when they are comfortable?

    I'm not judging...just relaying what I was told. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete