I am trying to sort out my experiences and thoughts to better understand how to move forward and not stay stuck in the past.

Friday, July 26, 2013

A Perfect Day

Today was a perfect day. 

It began with cooler temperatures and the humidity not as high.  I was able to sit out on the back porch this morning, drink my coffee, and watch the dogs roam around the yard.  No one else was up.  The sun was barely up.  It was perfect.

My daughter had a job interview, she scheduled it in the afternoon, so that we could go and look at a house.  Though, the house was almost perfect, the experience was a good one I am learning not to settle.  We left the showing and drove to the interview.  We were early, so we stopped for something to drink.  We sat and talked.  There was no stress.  No worrying (yeah!) just easy conversation.  In plenty of time, we drove to the building where the interview was to take place.  I waited in the car while she went in.  I listened to the radio, filed my nails, and then stepped out of the car to stand and watch the brightest yellow bird I have ever seen, eat berries in the bush behind my car. The interview  took about a half an hour.  She came out with the paper work she needed to take it to the next step.  (Things are looking good).

After the interview, we went to lunch, shoe shopping and picked up some other odds and ends.  We drove past this candy/bakery shop and decided to stop.  It was so cute in side and the baked goods were amazing.  So many to choose from.  I bought a scone. She bought little doughnuts with toppings like salty pretzel and bacon. 

Not feeling like cooking, we decided to pick up some sandwiches for dinner. 

She is doing her yoga now and I am here.  Feeling happy and content.  I remember this feeling and I am welcoming it with open arms. 

Thank you, God, for this blessing of a day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful --- so nice to hear. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww it all sounds so nice. I'm happy for you. Those days are such blessings.

    ReplyDelete