I am trying to sort out my experiences and thoughts to better understand how to move forward and not stay stuck in the past.

Monday, April 2, 2012

A Scare

I had a health scare.  So, added on to my job, my daughter, and all of the other little stresses, came this 'threat.'  It knocked my brain into the Numb Zone.  I functioned, but didn't really 'feel' or experience anything because in the back of my mind was, "This is it." 

I am rarely sick. I've never had anything wrong with me. The only times I've been in the hospital were to have my children. I don't take medication (except for ibuprofen for my knee), don't drink, smoke, I eat healthy, and yet the blood work I had taken in February said that there may be something wrong. The doctor called (yikes) and asked me to have the blood work redone in four weeks. So, I clipped that worry onto the invisible chain attached to my ankle and dragged it around with me.  I retook the test the morning of my birthday. Last Thursday, I went to see the doctor. Of course, the new blood work I had taken never arrived at the office. I assured her I had it taken, they made some calls, and it was faxed over.

Good news, I'm back to normal.  Whatever the reason, a virus, stress, who knows, the counts settled down, and I'm okay.  It has taken me the weekend to 'recover.'   My brain is fully working, again. I can  now focus all of my worries on something else! :)    Honestly, though, I am so tired of being afraid.

2 comments:

  1. Signe - Thank goodness you are healthy. That sounds like quite a scare. Happy Belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete